Updates Posted 3/26/20 We have a few topics
- Please make sure that all of your information is updated in our Parent Portal.
- You should be receiving text messages, emails and phone messages from us if you have supplied all 3.
- Detailed instructions can be found below and we will be posting a video in our FB group.
- Please join our FB group Lincoln Park Dance Company
- Please follow our Instagram Account @lincolnparkdance
- Please email, text or call Miss Lisa if you have additional quesitons. 313.706.3310 Lisa@LincolnParkDance.net
Recital and Classes:
- The Bandshell has assured us that all classes that have been cancelled due to the Stay Home orders will be scheduled for make up lessons.
- We cannot give any indication as to when the make up classes will begin until the Governor gives an all clear to return to normal activity.
- Once we get the all clear, we will work with the bandshell, Lincoln Park High School and our parents/dancers to arrange make up lessons and possibly rescheduling of recital accordingly.
- We thank you for your patience and cooperation!
What we can do now:
- We have posted a few activities, videos and several online classes that dancers can attend from home. Please Participate!
- Please keep active and PLEASE continue to practice your recital dances. If we are able to hold recital as planned, dancers will need to have their dances ready so we can finish them up when we return.
- We would like to add more activities, videos and possibly virtual classes. Please fill out the survey on our FB group so we can better prepare this material.
- All classes recital music is posted in the Parent Portal. Our teachers area also all working hard on posting practice videos of recital dances as well in the Parent Portal. Please contact Lisa if there is something you need that is not posted.
- Link to video instruction for using parent portal. CLICK HERE
Current Situation Posted 3/13/20
- The health and safety of our dancers, families and community are our number 1 concern. We will be following all recommended and mandated guidelines set forth by the CDC, the state of Michigan and the city of Lincoln Park.
- As most of us are aware, the schools are under a mandated shutdown for 3 weeks and events and buildings are closing all over the state.
- The mayor of Lincoln Park has declared a mandatory shut down of the Bandshell for 30 days.
- Effective immediately, all classes at Lincoln Park Dance Company are cancelled until the guidelines are lifted by local officials.
- We will continue to monitor the situation and send updates as they become available.
- This is really an unprecedented event and we are working as best as we can to make this work as best as possible.
- We will take this week off of from classes to hold some staff meetings and brainstorm for the following weeks.
- Some ideas include bringing virtual classes to our students, sending home videos of recital choreography for dancers to practice to continue working on recital dances, possibly creating some tik tok or instagram challenges that will keep our students engaged in dance and keeping their bodies active.
- We will be investigating the possibility of moving our recital to a later date and extending our a season to compensate. This will all be fully dependent on the availability of the school and the bandshell but it will be one option that will be on the discussion board. There are no guarantees with anything right now as we are dealing with so much uncertainty at the moment.
- We need some time to discuss options, the feasibility of options and if some of the fees involved would be affordable for us. Using the virtual classroom tools can be costly and we need time to investigate.
- We have a lot of work ahead of us this week and we thank you for your cooperation as we navigate these uncharted turn of events.
- We welcome your suggestions and ideas as well so long as they are of a positive nature. Again, we can’t guarantee anything at the moment but we are working diligently to keep us on track and follow all the state guidelines to ensure everyone’s health and safety.